Sunday 4 March 2012

Meal Planning

In an effort to cook more and save money I have decided to try to cook more. While I have tried to cook more previously, I never took the time to plan out days in advance. It seems like it would have been logical to start awhile ago but oh well - starting it now! With my Pinterest boards filling up and my Google Doc with a list of my mom's recipes, I really don't have an excuse not to plan so here it goes. And yes, it only goes from Tuesday to Friday for this week and for the weekend, I'll try spontaneity, which I'm unfortunately not well known for - so here's to trying!


Monday - Yes, I'm starting off the week with a bit of cheating. I'm going to my husband's work to have dinner. Small steps!
Tuesday - My mom's tong ho soup and chicken & shiitake dish
Wednesday - Pasta with sausage & salad
Thursday - balsamic chicken, lemony white bean and arugula salad
Friday - My mom's steamed fish with soy sauce and eggplant stir fry


So while this is my plan, it's booked in my calendar (since I check it every day) and I'm also going to try to take photos to post.  I have found that when I  have tried this previously I get caught up in cooking (more like eating) that I forget to, so like I said - here's to trying!