Friday 16 March 2012

Cabled Toque (aka beanie)

I love cables since they're easy but look very impressive and more complicated than it actually is.  I wanted to make a toque (otherwise known as a beanie or knitting hat, apparently it's a Canadian word) for my husband so I went over to ravelry.com* (where else?) to find a pattern.  I found this Cable Hat pattern and it is great to learn to knit in a round, decreasing and cabling.   Modifications I made to the pattern:
  • Used a size 8 16" circular needle (5mm) & double pointed needles for decreasing because I knit tightly
  • I made a folded rib by repeating rounds 1-3 until it measures a couple of inches
I think it turned out pretty well!



*Ravelry is a social network for knitters and crocheters.  You can basically find any knit or crochet pattern on this site and a number of them are free (I love FREE!).